Last Effort
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde guild Stormscale

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Siphon

[Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:28 am

About me:
My name is Joel, I am 23 years of age and I am one of the many swedish children of Stormscale.
I live in southern Sweden where I am currently looking for a job since I just completed my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
I have recently returned to the life of no life, as I was kicked from my relationship about two months ago, due to lack of attendance (and because my hate for the movie Twilight was far too great for my girlfriend to handle). I don't have the vampire genre. I just hate people who try to depict malevolent demons (vampires) as romantic champions of love, when they are driven by the lust for blood, and certainly not by their penis (like in Twilight).

Fuck Twilight.

Name:
Joel

Sweden

Can you raid from 19.00-23.30 (servertime)?:
Yes I can, the times will suit me just fine.

Can you raid more if needed?:
If it is for progression and the good of the guild, then yes.

Realm:
Stormscale

Character:
Siphon

Class:
Restoration Shaman

Race:
Orc

/played
71 days.
I am one of the people who likes to have alts.
Accumulated game time over all of them is probably around 300-400 days.

Professions
Mining 450
Herbalism 450
First Aid 450

The has been my farm-bot for a while, but it is time for that to change.
I will most likely drop Herbalism and pick up Leatherworking very soon.

Spec & glyphs:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?shaman#f9wA5_x-qE-91,pFROR,10952

Why that spec & glyphs?:
The spec is what I feel is the most useful in any raid situations.
If I am selected to be a dedicated tank healer, my Healing Waves will be strong enough to keep him up.

The glyphs are chosen on the basis of maximizing healing capacity and mana regeneration.

Gear:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Siphon
(Might not yet have updated to Restoration gear.)

Experience:
Hope you don't mind I merged a few sections here.
I started off playing World of Warcraft on Shattered Hand, with my personal guild of friends, who later merged with The Alterac Deviants (Shattered Hand -> Genjuros -> Ravencrest).
Together with The Alterac Deviants I saw all vanilla hardcore content, as a Warlock. During my time in The Alterac Deviants we became the First European Alliance Guild to fully clear AQ40. I was also the Warlock tank on the Twins. The guilds morale fell apart bit by bit with Naxxramas and the agony that was the Four Horsemen, and that summer I decided to take my leave of the guild, as many others did. I started playing PvP here on Stormscale instead for a while. From here the story is very uninteresting and doesn't really become interesting until the arrival of WotLK.

I joined risen and played with them as a trial during their progression with Sartharion 3D. We succeeded and got Twilight Vanquisher title very early on the server. I also got Undying with risen I believe. I was then let go from the guild as I had only obtained 52% votes when my trial time was over, which lead to me being removed from the guild on friendly terms. I never got a real reason to why I was removed, only that I didn't get enough votes. I myself believe this was due to many fights with one of the guilds most retarded members, Lucyinthesky, who now have left the guild to join Insert Coin.

After that, I was taken in by nam as a Resto Shaman, and played with them for a while, progressing through Ulduar. Then we ended up with too many Shamans and I asked if I could reroll and play my DPS Warrior, which I was granted permission to do. I played that char for a while, but after a few months I decided to stop playing. I never really fit in with the players of nam, there were some members that were very hostile for no reason (it all started when I rerolled to my DPS warrior), as soon as you wrote in guild chat or said anything on ventrilo.

I went inactive, and was removed from nam. I came back a few weeks later, and decided I would not even attempt to rejoin as I felt I would not be happy in that guild, and decided to stay unguilded, up until now. I want to get back to raiding, and I have heard from many of my friends that Last Effort is the guild that is going to go places. And I like to travel!

I have experience from all content previous to ToGC25. I have not yet been able to PUG the instance and as such I have no experience therein. I have no problems learning. My brain is fully operational.

You played other games on high level? add them aswell.
Not really. I play HoN, but not at a competitive level.

Previous Guilds?:
Alterac Deviants (Ravencrest)
nam (Stormscale)
risen (Stormscale)

Is there anyone you know in Last Effort who can recommend you?:
Unfortunately no.

Why do you want to join us?:
Because the guild seem to have functional leadership and the ability to become one of the best guilds on the server.

What can we expect to gain from you in our PvE-progress?:
A healer that knows what he is doing, and always does his best on every encounter.

Why should we want you? Explain to us why you believe you are the one we want!:
I am dedicated, mature and I am not a complete retard. I have a brain and I am not afraid to use it.
I have been a gamer since the age of 3, when I played games on my C64, and I have no plans of ever stopping.
Also, I'll be your best friend!

Computer specification:
DualCore 3ghz
4gb RAM
1gb Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT
64-bit Windows 7

Internet Connection:
8MB ADSL

Do you have problems with your connection/computer?
Nope, it works. Not like my laptop I smashed a crater into.

Do you read theory about your class?
All the time.

How do you keep yourself up to date?
MMO-Champion
ElitistJerks
ArenaJunkies

PTR without any fuzz and whine?:
Naturally. I do not whine.

Do you speak on ventrilo?:
If required, yes.

Are you willing to discuss you application on ventrilo?:
Yes.

Willing to bring pots and flasks to every raid?:
If I didn't, I wouldn't be applying to a hardcore raiding guild.

Will you wipe on progress bosses without whining?:
I love being dead!

Link picture to UI: (http://imageshack.us/)
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img163/2119/wowscrnshot120409141807.jpg (as Enhancement)

Do you use any macros?:
Normally I use many macros, but as a healer I don't really feel the need to use that many. I got NS (+trinkets) bound so that I can use it without interference (Shift+E -> E to NS + HW)

Why and when (explain):
When they are needed. It feels natural to have a panic button. For me, that button is on Shift+E, and contains a macro to use all +healing abilities and trinkets, aswell as NS.
Back to top Go down
sqz

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:34 am

"I myself believe this was due to many fights with one of the guilds most retarded members, Lucyinthesky, who now have left the guild to join Insert Coin."

Hehe, been there done that. And i guess you had some fights with widescreen aswell AKA Whinescreen. Atleast i did Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Siphon

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:51 am

I only recall the fights with Lucyinthesky, because he was so far up his own ass he could see rainbows. There were a few other people who were ignorant beyond belief, but not nearly as bad as Lucy.

He probably left risen about 50 times and got invited back all of them even after flaming the entire guild. God knows why.

One of the fights I remember was him being himself, leaving a guild Undying run, cause somebody died. He just blurted out something retarded and left the guild and the raid, then got reinvited 15 mins later.
Back to top Go down
sqz

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:12 am

sounds like him ^^, i heared he's smoking weed all day
Back to top Go down
Razya

Razya

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:00 am

Quote :

Liar, you promised to be an anatomically correct dick :p

Anyway, lovely app. Professions are a no go. Even if you reroll LW from herbalism, that still leaves you with mining which is just icky.

Fix plx!
Back to top Go down
Siphon

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:01 am

Razya wrote:
Quote :

Liar, you promised to be an anatomically correct dick :p

Anyway, lovely app. Professions are a no go. Even if you reroll LW from herbalism, that still leaves you with mining which is just icky.

Fix plx!

A dick can be your best friend!

If I must drop both gathering professions then I'll get blackmithing aswell as leatherworking.
Back to top Go down
Tessla

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:39 pm

whoop alterac deviants

undo one of my old friends was GM there..... need semaj to start playing again!

application looks good, will have a talk ingame

should sort BS/JC for the extra sockets/gems so you can choose stats rather then going all out spellpower, thought haste was king and queen for resto's
Back to top Go down
Siphon

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:48 pm

Tessla wrote:
whoop alterac deviants

undo one of my old friends was GM there..... need semaj to start playing again!

application looks good, will have a talk ingame

should sort BS/JC for the extra sockets/gems so you can choose stats rather then going all out spellpower, thought haste was king and queen for resto's

You mean Undu? Smile

I am spending alot of time on my money-making alt Ciubhran, so contact me on him if I am not on Siphon.
Back to top Go down
Tessla

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:00 pm

yes undu, who cares. Razz

accepted for trial
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Siphon - Restoration Shaman
Page 1 of 1