Last Effort
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde guild Stormscale

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elmister - Arcane Mage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elmister

Elmister - Arcane Mage Empty
PostSubject: Elmister - Arcane Mage   Elmister - Arcane Mage I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:12 am

About You
Name: Kevin
Can you raid from 19.00-23.30 (servertime)?: Yes, I can.
Can you raid more if needed?: Of course.

Realm: Stormscale
Charactername: Elmister
Class: Mage
Race: Blood Elf
/played: 147 days, 7 hours

Professions (mention rare crafts)

Profession 1: Enchanting 460
Profession 2: Tailoring 450 ( I have all TotC recipes)
First Aid: 450

Specc & Glyphs: (http://talent.mmo-champion.com/) http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage#_c158wE7e2mw2,3-J-O,10747

Why that spec & glyphs?:
Glyph of Arcane Missiles - This is a standard choice for every PvE Arcane Mage and I also find it very useful.
Glyph of Arcane Barrage - I decided to take this one instead of Glyph of Molten Armor since my critical is already quite a bit above average
Glyph of Mana Gem - This is to secure I never go OOM, even if some heavy burst was needed in a encounter.

Gear: (Link to armory) (www.chardev.org for offspecc gear)
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Elmister

Experience
Mention which raid instances you've been in and how far in each of them you came. (vanilla, TBC, WotLk)
I didn't raid in Vanilla.
The Burning Crusade
Karazhan, Zulaman, SSC, TK - Cleared
Black Temple - 7/9 (Only mother was downed after the nerf)
Mount Hyjal - 5/5

Wrath of the Lich King
OS 10/25 3D - Cleared
EoE 10/25 - Cleared
Naxx Undying 10/25 - Cleared
Ulduar 10/25 - 11/14 ( I raided only when it was launched and then had a break because of a family accident)
TotC 10/25 - Cleared
ToGC 10 - 4/5
ToGC 25 - 3/5
ICC 10 - 3/4

Mention if you have achieved any pve achievements in regarding to raiding (AKA. Undying, Twilight Vanquisher... whatever you might think will enhance your possibilities of joining Last Effort)
As I already stated above I did Undying and The Twilight Zone(10). I don't think anything else is worth mentioning.

You played other games on high level? add them aswell.
No, this is the only game I play.

Previous Guilds?:
I had a bad luck with guild disbanding. I was in in the start of WotLK and then everything slowly started to fall apart. I was it's GM later on, trying to revive it but failed.
After that I was in when Ulduar was launched and raided there until I had that break I mentioned before.
When I came back I joined and did ToGC with them until it was recently disbanded out of the sudden.
Since then I was trying to find a decent PvE guild but most of the decent ones are full on Mages. My gear could be better but I do not do PuGs. I enjoy raiding only when it's with a guild, especially when it's progressing.

About
Is there anyone you know in Last Effort who can recommend you?: No, there isn't.

Why do you want to join us?: I would like to progress with a decent and steady PvE guild once again. After my bad luck with guild disbanding I would really need a crew that I can enjoy ICC with in a calm and mature environment.

What can we expect to gain from you in our PvE-progress?: Since I mainly play this game fro progress raids you can always expect me to be ready with all the information that a player can get about the encounters we are trying to beat. Also if needed I will always be willing to help with arranging new tactics. Of course I am patient and can wipe for as long as it's needed.

Why should we want you? Explain to us why you believe you are the one we want!:
Well, if you are looking for a patient raider with lots of experience who's always trying to improve his play and willing to progress I am the one you're looking for.
But talking about it not worth much. I would rather show you.

Other

Computer specification:
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.61 GHz, 4 GB of RAM
Internet Connection: 6 MB ADSL
Do you have problems with your connection/computer? None, works just fine.

Knowledge and theorycraft
Do you read theory about your class? Of course all the time, even tho I play this Mage for almost 4 years.
How do you keep yourself up to date? Mostly with MMO-Champions and Arena Junkies.

PTR without any fuzz and whine?: Of course, and I expect the same from others.

Do you speak on ventrilo?: I do.

Are you willing to discuss you application on ventrilo?: Yes, I find that kind of interviewing much better.

Willing to bring pots and flasks to every raid?: That goes without saying.

Will you wipe on progress bosses without whining?:

That's just a part of raiding no one can just skip it, so yeah, of course I won't whine.

Link picture to UI: (http://imageshack.us/) https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img42/6492/screen01dn.jpg
I know is seems too simple but that's just the way I play. I doesn't make me respond any slower. I managed to do 2.1k rating with this kind of UI. Few macros, keybinds is all I need.

Do you use any macros?: I do even tho not that many of them.

Why and when (explain): I use it mostly to speed things up of course. I also binded them. I have two main marcos. One for popping all of my CDs ( Arcane Power, Icy Veins, Mirror Image, use of a trinket) when burst damage is needed in a encounter and the second one if for mana (Mana Gem, Arcane Torrent).

Additional information:
I would just like to add one little thing about my gear. Please do not rate it only by my spellpower. Yeah I can have 3k+ if I put on my SP trinkets but like this my DPS is much better as well as my burst. My critial, haste and trinkets abillities are much better then some spellpower I could get with putting on my SP trinkets.
Thank you for reviewing my application. Hope to hear from you soon with a positive reaction.

Last edited by Elmister on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razya

Razya

PostSubject: Re: Elmister - Arcane Mage   Elmister - Arcane Mage I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:38 pm

Be online tomorrow at 19:00 for a trial run in ICC 25
Back to top Go down
Elmister

PostSubject: Re: Elmister - Arcane Mage   Elmister - Arcane Mage I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:55 pm

Will do. Thanks for the chance.
Back to top Go down
Elmister

PostSubject: Re: Elmister - Arcane Mage   Elmister - Arcane Mage I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:42 am

It would be nice to know if I'll get another trial spot in a raid since I wasn't invited on Thursday? Or am I declined?
Back to top Go down
Razya

Razya

PostSubject: Re: Elmister - Arcane Mage   Elmister - Arcane Mage I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:26 am

We have 3 mages on trial atm. Undoubtedly 1 or 2 will not pass trial so I advise you to reapply on the new forums and be patient until we know what we want with our current mages.

Also, your app isn't bad but it's not amazing.. Good moment to make it amazing Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elmister - Arcane Mage   Elmister - Arcane Mage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elmister - Arcane Mage
Page 1 of 1