Last Effort
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde guild Stormscale

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[ACCEPTED] Kirasano - Protection Warrior

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kirasano

kirasano

[ACCEPTED] Kirasano - Protection Warrior Empty
PostSubject: [ACCEPTED] Kirasano - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Kirasano - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:07 am

About You

Name: Lukas
What days of the week can you raid on?: Depends on my work. If You would have set raiding days i could request to work in the morning so I would be ready to raid in the evening.
Can you raid from 19.00-23.30 (servertime)?: Yes
Can you raid more if needed?: Yes, if my work will allow for it.

Realm: Stormscale
Character name: Kirasano
Class: Warrior
Race: Undead
/played: 42 days

Professions (mention rare crafts)

Profession 1:
Jewelcrafting
Allows me to craft Dragon's Eye Gems - 3 gems with 51 stamina instead of 30 is a really good bonus. I've got quite a lot epic gem recipes as well and i never miss a daily for the tokens

Profession 2:
Blacksmithing
Chosen because of 2 extra sockets - wrists and gloves - which means i can easly put extra stamina gems, or otherwise good to correct def cap etc. if needed

First Aid: 450 (got the "stocking up" achievemnt as well ^^)
Cooking: 450 (got all the recipes available, apart from Festival ones)
Fishing: 450 (Epic fishing pole, Fishing hat, "find fish" ability)

Spec

Specc & Glyphs: Kirasano's Protection Spec (click to check)

Why that spec & glyphs?:
I've been researching protection builds and tried few recommended ones. Best one i've found was
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAM00fZhbZMItrx0zidIzsGo
I liked this spec, but i was not getting enough rage in it so i've put points from Deep Wounds into Shield Specialization, and boosted my Critical Strike rating with few more points in Cruelty. I've seen improvement in critical strikes, which are really good for threat generation. My rage levels are a lot better as well which means i can spam heroic strikes a lot. Deep wounds are good, but one-handed weapon with 200-372 damage will generate around 190 damage over 6 seconds (assuming i would be specced 3/3 in Deep Wounds which gives 48% of average weapon damage over 6 seconds). I'm aware that buffs like "Trauma" would improve it but still in my opinion those extra points in shield specialization and cruelty, sacrificing deep wounds work a lot better for me.

Gear
Damage gear: Kirasano's DPS Gear (it's not imba good obviously since it's my offspec and i use it very rarely)
Healing gear: not available
Tanking gear: Kirasano's Protection Gear

Experience:
Naxxramas 10/25
Obsidian Sanctum 10/25
Vault of Archavon 10/25
Ulduar 25 (12/14)
Trail of Crusader 10/25

Achievements:
Champion of the Frozen Wastes
Glory of the Hero

You played other games on high level?
No.

Previous guilds
Guildname: Legacy
Why did you leave?: Guild master and 2 Raid leaders stopped playing and basicly quit.

About <Last Effort>
What do you know about us?: My friend did Trail of grand crusader with You. Told me raid was really good, and because You just moved to Stormscale u will probably recruit to guild.

Is there anyone you know in Last Effort who can recommend you?: Unfortunately no.

Why do you want to join us?: I would love to raid up to date end game content and be able to overcome achievements set for raids. End game content requires proper gear, skills and leading and most of all teamwork. And i am a good team player

What can we expect to gain from you in our PvE-progress?: Solid Warrior tanking, ability to quickly make decisions/action in unforseen events during raids and above all: commitment.

Other

Computer specification: Pentium Core2Duo 2.6Ghz, 4Gb RAM, Ati Radeon 4670 running on Windows XP (soon i will upgrade hardware as well)

Internet Connection: 8Mbit

Do you have problems with your connection/computer? No.

Knowledge and theorycraft
Do you read theory about your class?
Yes offcourse! U always need to stay up to date with all the lastes patch changes and manage Your character accordingly.

How do you keep yourself up to date?
Reading through various websites, reading guides, watching movies

Which sites and forums do you visit
www.tankspot.com, www.elitistjerks.com

Do you have Ventrilo 2.1?: I am using ventrilo 3.1 in my current guild, but i can swap it for 2.1 no problem

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Do you speak on ventrilo?: Yes

Are you willing to discuss you application on ventrilo?: Yes

Willing to bring pots and flasks to every raid?: Off course i always have my own food with me and mats to cook more. Always have fish feast ready just in case and obviously Stoneblood flask.

Will you wipe on progress bosses without whining?: Progress means wipes. As long as people stay calm on ventrilo and are willing to overcome raid problems it's all fine. I never had problems with wiping because practice makes perfect.

Post Your UI:
Kirasano's UI 01
Kirasano's UI 02

As You can see i use:
Recount - for Damage data
Omen - for Threat
Grid - Good raid frames
Pitbull unit frames - custom set up with all the information a tank needs
On top of that i got Bartender for action bars, Quick marking addon, Icehud for quick rage bar and health overview, Power Auras Classic which track my procs, Scrolling Combat Text to track mostly damage and healing + few other small addons that make my life easier.

Macros

Do you use any macros?: Yes, i use macros sometimes. Althought almost all my abilities are bind to my keyboard. Not long ago i was using mouse only to move and target Enemies that are to far away to use TAB key. At the moment i got Razer Naga mouse, which has 12 programable keys (u can easly bind more than 24 functions using modifier keys)

Why and when (explain): In cases where i need to tank specific Mob and targeting with tab key or mouse is not acceptable (Thorim arena fight comes to mind, or even silly Culling of Stratholme where u have non-elite zombies) i would use:
/target macro which in some cases you can combine with marking macro (if mob is priority to kill). I would use them as well for some of my Cooldown abilities to signal to raid that i've used my critical abilities like
/cast Last stand
/raid popped LAST STAND
which might be helpful for healers to realise that something migh be going wrong with healing and they need to focus on topping me up.
I'm not a great fan of casting sequence macros. I've got my addons set up so that i know about all the procs i need to track - sword and board, or glyph of revenge and always take full advantage of them. also got small icons which tell me if my Shield Bash, Shield Block or Spell Reflect are ready to use.

Anything you want to add?:
I think everything i wanted to say is extensivly explained in my application. Thanks for reading it through. And maybe something to loosen up - a quick movie of me and my friend trickin' ^^ :
http://vimeo.com/3030974 (this is the newest one with some better video edition from me).
Back to top Go down
http://www.vimeo.com/wookiss
Tessla

[ACCEPTED] Kirasano - Protection Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Kirasano - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Kirasano - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Excellent apply

You give me no reason to say no, welcome to the guild

and btw, nice editing skills.
Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Kirasano - Protection Warrior
Page 1 of 1