Last Effort
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horde guild Stormscale

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drûidin

[Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank) Empty
PostSubject: [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank)   [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:54 pm

About You
Name: Gabriel
Can you raid from 19.00-23.30 (servertime)?: Yes
Can you raid more if needed?: Yes, I am willing to show up earlier or staying longer when it's needed.

Realm: Stormscale
Charactername: Drûidin
Class: Druid / Horde
Race: Tauren
/played: In total I have played 95 days, of which I have played 40 days at the current level which is level 80

Professions (mention rare crafts)
Profession 1: Leatherworking: 450 - I have a lot of rare recipes that are from Trial of the Crusader (Item level 245 recipes)
Profession 2: Jewelcrafting : 430 - I am currently still working on this profession, but I already meet the requirements for the bonuses.
First Aid: 450
Cooking: 450 - I can cook Fish Feast

Specc & Glyphs: (http://talent.mmo-champion.com/)
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?druid#-4OM-B_aAoumi2,OwN3qO,10835
or an alternative link
http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=11&tal=0000000000000000000000000000503232130322010353120303010511203503012000000000000000000

Why that spec & glyphs?:
After reading several guides, forum posts, trying and practicing a variety of specs myself, I believe that this is the best spec with the best rotation possible.
The glyphs that I have chosen are the best glyphs to take. Many people would say that "Glyph of Growl" would be a better glyph to choose over "Glyph of Survival Instincts", but I
believe that is more of a personal choice, which I am more comfortable having "Glyph of Survival Instincts" over Growl.

Gear: (Link to armory) (www.chardev.org for offspecc gear)
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Dr%C3%BBidin

Experience
Mention which raidinstances you've been in and how far in each of them you came. (vanilla, TBC, WotLk)
I didn't do any raiding during Vanilla times, but I did do lots of raiding during TBC. I raided all instances except SW and BT. In WotlK, I did every raid from Naxxramas 25 all the way to Trial of
the Crusader 25 including Trial of the Grand Crusader (Heroic Mode) 4/5 in 10 man.

Mention if you have achieved any pve achievements in regarding to raiding (AKA. Undying, Twilight Vanquisher... whatever you might think will enhance your possibilities of joining Last Effort)
I have Twilight Vanquisher, but the main reason why I don't have any others was mainly because my guild was never all too enthusiastic about doing any of these events. The only achievements they were
ever interested was doing "Tribute run's" in TotC, which never happened due to internal guild issues.

You played other games on high level? add them aswell.
World of Warcraft is my first high level competitive game that I have been playing.

Previous Guilds?:
I was in the "Team Liquid Ice", a great and fun guild, that made it really far with only few skilled players. Even though not many of them were all that great, it was always
fun to play with them, cause their great attitude, and what I really loved about them was that they never gave up on any boss fight, no matter how many time they wiped. It showed
real dedication, which I stand highly on, and was always willing to help others that needed any advice or tips. The guild cleared everything except Ulduar Yogg, up to Trial of the Crusader 25
normal mode and 4/5 of Trial of the Grand Crusader 10 man (Heroic).

About
Is there anyone you know in Last Effort who can recommend you?:
No.
Why do you want to join us?:
I would like to join you guys (Last Effort), because I have heard and read that you guys are a great guild, and I am on the search of a strong, friendly and devoted guild
that raid heroic modes, which I love to do. I don't enjoy being in a guild that gives up after 5 wipes, that are rude to their members (or to other people for no reason).
I enjoy being social and working hard together with other great people on a goal that we all have in common, and to give our best in raiding Heroic modes, becoming better and better.
What can we expect to gain from you in our PvE-progress?:
You can always expect a smile from me, friendly and great attitude, hard and devoted player that will not quit, that will keep working his way up and encourage others when they are down.
I would be bringing knowledge, fun and experience from an different international player's point of view.
Why should we want you? Explain to us why you believe you are the one we want!:
Because I am an experienced Druid tank, I know all raids by heart, I never quit, I push myself and dedicate time to the guild, being helpful and a superior tank that will
hopefully help the guild to progress some more.

Other

Computer specification: Intel Duo Core processor, 2,26Ghz, 4GB ram, G-force 9600M GT
Internet Connection: I have a stable connection, I never disconnect from the internet and never have lag issues (High speed).
Do you have problems with your connection/computer?
No, I do not have any problem with my computer (for sure not any relation problems Very Happy ), and I do not have any problems with my internet. The only thing that I have is that
if we raid longer than 1:00am, I would need to restart my router at 1:00am, because of how my router funtions, but I am sure that will not be any problem.

Knowledge and theorycraft
Do you read theory about your class? Yes, I read forum posts, thoughts fom other people what they think about certain aspects of the druid class.
How do you keep yourself up to date? Mostly by reading through forums and mainly throught this website http://wow.ingame.de/index.php (German's top ingame website about WoW)

PTR without any fuzz and whine?: I have not done any PTR's yet, but I do know how to handle that and I would not mind playing on PTR with the guild and practicing for future raids.
Do you speak on ventrilo?: Yes, since I have a mouth, I do talk Wink
Are you willing to discuss you application on ventrilo?: Yes I am willing to talk about my application on Ventrilo.
Willing to bring pots and flasks to every raid?: It's a must Wink I am always stacked with lots of Flasks and Pots
Will you wipe on progress bosses without whining?: I absolutely don't at all when wiping. I know it's part of the game, it happens.

Link picture to UI: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/wowscrnshot112909214841.jpg/

Do you use any macros?: Yes, I do use macros for tanking. Macros that have to do with different abilities of mine combined with Maul, and I have macros that help raid members
such as innervating, rebirth etc... (if needed)
Why and when (explain): My main macros are used for tanking, builds faster, smoother, and best threat. My other macros are used if they are needed. For example : If a members constantly goes
oom, with one click I am able to innervate them (during extra time phases) and be back in bear form all ready to go.

Anything you want to add?: I would like to apologize for my older application, which I did not invest the time in writing it as I was suppose to. I really hope that I meet your needs, and if
you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to ask. Have a good day.

Last edited by Drûidin on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:22 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Razya

Razya

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank)   [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:20 pm

First thing I notice... this app feels incomplete. No mention of previous guilds etc.

Secondly about your gear. Eitrigg's oath is useless. Trinket from toc 5 normal is better. Pvp shoulder enchant beats the hodir one. Dodge/sta gems are less beneficial than agi/sta gems at your amount of dodge.

Onwards to talents. Infected wounds > Imp mangle, simply cause several patches ago mangle's threat was nerfed. It only has 1.5x threat modifier while FFF has 2.5x modifier iirc. Dropping the 3 points in imp mangle gives you a better tanking rotation + infected wounds will give you your own little thunderclap (even though it's minutely inferior).

Glyphs.. well some petition glyph of growl... but only in fights where a missed taunt will lead to a wipe... and quite frankly, it's not worth it Razz If your taunt misses, then challenging roar and taunt again when it's off of CD. If all of that misses, well, shit happens, move on Razz that's what we have guardian spirit for ^^ Glyph of SI is better in all honesty.

Finally... your professions are subpar. BS or JC ftw, not skinning.. and that is one thing we will demand from our raiders is to come with BiS professions.

You mention being a tank/ DPS, but I lack information about your dps viability.. Esp with a pvp spec as secondairy spec.

Still, I will point again to my first sentence. This app just feels incomplete and doesn't impress me really in all honesty. It's not (yet) a decline however. Go go, amaze me. ^^
Back to top Go down
Razya

Razya

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank)   [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Right next whine!

Don't gem ARP yet with your gear Razz No trinket and overall low arp from gear.. Agi superior then.

Secondly your pvp belt makes me wince ^^ Esp the gems Razz

Thirdly, I hope it's not as unechanted as it seems on chardev Razz

And yes I know offspec but we're a strong strong dps class and one of the better tanks to go dps.

Onwards to MS!

Why oh why did you switch out your brewfest trinket for the blackknight one... Eitrigg (the dodge one) is still crap Razz But yes easily fixed as I know you have 2 trinkets ^^

and pvp enchant is still really easy to be gotten. only 10k honor to get it :p and it's far superior for us than the hodir one.

Your app still feels incomplete though Razz But it's better now. Stay tuned, its under consideration.
Back to top Go down
Drûidin

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank)   [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:35 am

Hello Razya,
I re-edited and updated my application.

Best regards,
Gabriel
Back to top Go down
Razya

Razya

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank)   [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:51 am

Woot!

Now that's a proper app Very Happy

GJ mate but we're still evaluating our tank situation ^^
Back to top Go down
Razya

Razya

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank)   [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:34 am

Poke me tomorrow (though doing yogg 0 so may not be able to really chit-chat) or otherwise wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank)   [Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Feral Tank/dps (Main is Tank)
Page 1 of 1